Tuesday 15 April 2014

Love at first bounce...The Ash Jumpsuit


Who’s in love? Well, after being lucky enough to take part in the pre-launch test of the new Ash Jumpsuit pattern from Willow andCo, S and I are both pretty smitten with this creation. I made it a few weeks ago but am only allowed to release the details today…and it’s a sneaky peak prior to the collection launch on 22nd April. That’s the exciting, hush-hush world of the pattern test for you,  all cloak and no dagger! At last the media blackout is lifted and I can spill the beans...




It’s so fun to take part in a pattern test – you build a community with your co-testers. Sometimes (infact most of the time) sewing can be a solitary affair but there’s something really cool about knowing that you’re sewing the same thing as a bunch of other people all around the world, and being able to talk to them about what you’re making makes it really a different experience.

And this garment is SOOOO cool! Check it out! A jump suit…but not a Wonder Years jumpsuit (not that I wouldn’t LOVE a 70's retro jumpsuit too), no, the Ash is a modern and fun take on the all-in-one. 


The pattern comes with a separate trousers and top variant too, but I love the style of the one piece. S light ups when she’s wearing it, it makes fun happen! She calls it her ‘Princess Jasmine’, mainly down to our fabric choice and the billowing trouser shape I think.

 This fabric I used is a vintage sari and is totally immense. I’ve had it for so long; it was hanging up around my window at University and has been the backdrop for the 3 kings at my class’s nativity at school. I think my Granddad brought it back from India and it is the most beautiful fabric I have ever seen. I was terrified to cut into it, which is why I’ve had it for so long, but I’m so glad I did because I’ve made something that makes my heart jump when I see how beautiful my little girl is in it.
 
Looking at the versions from other blogging testers I can see how versatile this pattern is, it has a completely different look in different fabrics and I will definitely be making more versions in the future.


Celina from Petit a Petit and Family (check out her uber-inspirational blog) designed the Ash which forms  part of the Wanderlust Glamping collection from Willow and Co pattern collective; a collective of talented blogging designers from around the world who’ve linked up for this totally awesome project.

Have a look at the collection. Doesn’t it all look great? You could have a whole summer wardrobe right there...very tempting.


 

9 comments:

  1. your Princess Jasmine looks just beautiful! I love your fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy this version is just so pretty! I love this fabric, it was a risk well taken since it looks amazing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new blog Lucy! That sari fabric is seriously AMAZING, your daughter looks so cute in it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really enjoying the blog...think I might make a quilt out of the rest of the sari, I sense a family heirloom in the making (not that I've ever made a quilt before, so could be a disaster rather than heirloom!)

      Delete
  4. just lovely. i love everything from the photos to your fabric choice. Thank you sooo much for being an awesome tester. I hope to work with you again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celina, I had an ace time and really hope to do it again too.x

      Delete
  5. I am glad yuo cut into this fabric! The jumpsuit turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete